Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Bridging the Gap - The cultural exchange thread
(05-22-2017, 06:30 PM)PatientZero Wrote: Though I honestly couldn't tell you what a regular breakfast even is in this country, I'd say probably just cereal or toast, but I usually don't even eat breakfast myself. I suppose there's always the "full English" breakfast though; bacon, eggs, beans, mushrooms, sausage, fried tomatoes and toast. And black pudding, but that's not so common these days.

[Image: fullenglish_1438972c.jpg]

BEANS. MUSHROOMS
WHY ARE THESE IN A BREAKFAST PLATE FDSKLJHJG

I remember as a kid growing up every kids' cereal commercial somewhere before the end of the jingle or whatever they'd always drop the phrase "Part of a complete breakfast" and then getting a sexy spread like this

[Image: capn-crunch-balanced-breakfast-1.jpg]

I don't think this is like a THING here in the US, but that's how cereals are marketed to look healthier than they actually are (it's a supplement to your apple and toast!!)
And I was always like "Yeah okay this is bullshit who's going to eat that cereal, the toast, at least two pieces of fruit, and drink BOTH the milk and cereal?" I actually tried to do this once as a kid and the two beverages didn't mix and totally ruined my day. Very Sad

That, and most Americans don't really have time to sit down and eat a breakfast like this (despite the fact that you can go out to a Denny's or something and eat a breakfast about as much as your daily caloric intake. Their "Grand Slamwich" is 1530 calories wtf)
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Kriven

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bridging the Gap - The cultural exchange thread - by Kosheh - 05-23-2017, 06:15 AM