Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bridging the Gap - The cultural exchange thread
Interesting to note, though that in most US households "Slurpee", "Icee", and "Slushie" are used interchangeably. It's technically a "frozen carbonated drink"

slush + lots of carbonation = weird fluffy beverage, apparently

Also, Fanta is...oddly uncommon here; sometimes you'll see it sold alongside imported Coke from Mexico. Oh yeah, that's a really American idea here, check this out:

Our Coca-Cola beverages, because it's...cheaper I guess? use HCFS (high-fructose corn syrup. If you're a health idiot you'll know this means it's not entirely ~natural~) and [ironically] health nuts were like "WTF, if I'm gonna drink Coke I'm gonna fill my body with REAL SUGAR! and started visiting Mexican groceries and buying up their Coke products.

Some distributors, noticing this trend started importing Coke products from Mexico, which contains real cane sugar - and also comes in a glass bottle. It turned out to be a hit, so you'll actually see this in quite a few shops, supermarkets and nearly every Mexican restaurant carries them, too alongside Jarritos soda products.

meanwhile yall probably use real sugar in your sodas so He He Ha Ha America
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bridging the Gap - The cultural exchange thread - by Kosheh - 05-20-2017, 12:35 PM