Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Bridging the Gap - The cultural exchange thread
wtf i'm pretty sure i posted a response here

i'd say the stance on pies in the states is pretty bland; at least in New York when people expect pies, they're usually filled with fruit or some kind of custard and cream.

i thought about it for a little while though - since we don't have many savory pies, but we do. there's pot pies - which is like the weird 19th-century creation and they're usually meant for consumption by one person. they're usually made in small little ceramic things (or "pots", hence the name) They usually have chicken, a mix of vegetables and a flaky crust, and you only see them in homey little diners as an entree. otherwise, they're in the frozen food aisle of your local grocery and they're usually like 4 for $5 or something, so while they contain shitloads of sodium they're excellent for college students (of course, those don't use the ceramic they use this weird reflective paper dish perfect for microwaving)

[Image: 21b0340e0a.png]
as I look at this picture though, I'm starting to wonder if there's a beef or steak variant.

and then there's pizza of course (but that's a different type of pie altogether)
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bridging the Gap - The cultural exchange thread - by Kosheh - 05-16-2017, 12:19 PM