Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bridging the Gap - The cultural exchange thread
(05-10-2017, 08:43 PM)Gors Wrote: Brazilian Funk is a misnomer - it actually takes a lot of influence from rap and dirty house electro music, but is so named due to replacing actual Funk music in the parties. It's evolved to be controversial, with references to drugs, abuse, explicit sex and even strong crimes such as killing. It's popular in the favelas and lower-class people.

I actually really like Brazilian Funk, reminds me a lot of the grime music you get over here, only looser. From a niché perspective I don't know how to describe it aside from filthy, it's a shame that it's gonna be hard to get into for so many people because it's not in English.

But I'm kind of curious after you mentioned Carnaval, what is the day-to-day take on nudity there? I know in the states and over here (more so than other parts of Europe) we're kind of prudish and self-conscious, but I doubt you guys are just walking around naked all the time, if only because getting sunburned would suck a lot.
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bridging the Gap - The cultural exchange thread - by PatientZero - 05-10-2017, 09:35 PM