Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bridging the Gap - The cultural exchange thread
(05-10-2017, 05:11 PM)kendotlibero Wrote: what Jews think will happen in the afterlife, since according to your religion Jesus doesn't came so it doesn't exist the concept of resurrection?

That actually depends who you ask, traditional Judaism does believe that we continue on after death, but there's no specific answer to what that means. but it's important to bare in mind that there is no "Jewish Hell" or "Jewish Heaven", and that we're always taught to focus on the immediate, physical world around us, rather than a hypothetical afterlife.

So I guess aside from each individual Jew, the answer is that we don't really know and we don't really worry about it.

Although, for clarity, there is belief in the coming of the messiah, but that isn't Jesus, he's considered one of the many false messiahs throughout history. That's less of an insult than you might think, there were a lot of them, and in order to be "the messiah" by messianic standards someone literally has to end all suffering in the world forever. And y'know, that sounds hard to do.

(And also they have to take us back home to Israel? Like, I've never been there myself, but I guess that's home for some reason?)
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bridging the Gap - The cultural exchange thread - by PatientZero - 05-10-2017, 06:15 PM