Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The 'Shroom
i'm tabbing through this and a lot of these news articles are super goofy and great. The only thing I'm a little wary on (and I'm not so sure the SMWiki community will agree here)

(03-03-2017, 12:24 PM)PowerMaster64 Wrote: Need a good laugh or to get away from it all? We have a collection of Fake News written for your enjoyment.

...why call it Fake News? I mean there's now some real-world parallels going on here (which kinda blows) but if it's tabloid material you're going for, I'd give it a more ...uh...venerable-sounding name so you can have those Koopa conspirators in the Mushroom Kingdom cite their sources and sound sort of legitimate. Like there's 58 billion things to name it after. Since there's a team of dapper Cyndaquil at the forefront of it, you could make it fire-themed. i.e. "The Angry Sun" ("Searing plumbers' pants since '89"), the "Hot Foot" ("We're red-hot news ninjas! You'll see the hottest headlines before you see us!") or my personal favorite of the three "The Podoboo" ("Reporting the ups and downs from the lava pits of the Mushroom Kingdom"). You can even give it some added flair by making all the man-on-the-ground odd, goofball second-rate Mario Bros. characters that have questionable journalistic experience - think like if Monstro Town in Super Mario RPG had a newspaper that was printed in a section of the Mushroom Kingdom's newspaper.

The name "Fake News" delegitimizes your fine subsection of News That's Really Great And Happening Right Now.
I mean honestly, the Fake News should just spinoff from the Shroom so it gets that Koopa Kid sort of notoriety, yknowwhatimsayin
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
The 'Shroom - by PowerMaster64 - 03-03-2017, 12:24 PM
RE: The 'Shroom - by Kosheh - 03-03-2017, 03:08 PM
RE: The 'Shroom - by PowerMaster64 - 03-03-2017, 03:24 PM