Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Edited than custom MMX sprites
Sure thing! Contrast is the difference in darkness between the darkest colors and light in the lightest colors. Highlights in particular are very light colors added to an image liberally. These are usually used to show light, shine, or some kind of reflection. Here is an example of your sprite compared to a quick edit I did to increase the highlights. I also made a very high contrast sprite to visualize an example of extreme contrast. The dark colors are very dark and the light colors are very light.
[Image: MWpjH7x.png][Image: bGFU9Y2.png][Image: CxJxobT.png]

You may have also noticed that I changed the background to a dark green color. Try to avoid white and black backgrounds as they can cause issues with characters using these colors (which are very common to use). Try using some sort of color that isn't on the character sprite you're making. A lot of my characters end up having green backgrounds because I don't use green a whole lot.

If you need to know some terms this topic here has lots of great information:https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-25474.html
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Edited than custom MMX sprites - by Zerite - 02-09-2017, 11:50 PM
RE: Edited than custom MMX sprites - by Cloud6625 - 02-10-2017, 08:01 AM
RE: Edited than custom MMX sprites - by Zerite - 02-10-2017, 11:55 PM
RE: Edited than custom MMX sprites - by Cloud6625 - 02-11-2017, 07:32 AM
RE: Edited than custom MMX sprites - by Cloud6625 - 02-13-2017, 02:08 PM
RE: Edited than custom MMX sprites - by Zerite - 02-16-2017, 02:55 AM