Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Will Overwatch ever get new male heroes?
Again, of course it's cool. and nice to play as a man or a robot or whatever else you want to, that's okay - again, the whole meaning of playing a game is to play.

This means you can sympathize with any well written character out there, regardless of who you are.

Though when you're born into a minority group and are shit on by everybody in a daily basis, being represented as a capable and equal to others in-game is a shout-out and also a way the devs have to increase awareness about your situation. It even sounds little compared to the whole slew of problems we've got out there, but a small step is a step nonetheless.

This is all subjective stuff as you said, and seems trivial for us, but when your character is always assigned to passive roles and/or fanservice, it's no wonder it gets so stale after a while

So, bringing back Overwatch in question, you probably could make all characters be white males, because there are white male individuals in all countries in the whole world. But that's visually boring, considering that the world contains so diverse cultures and ethnicities.

Investing some time creating interesting characters, both personality and appearance-wise , if done right, can enhance your game, so why not?
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Overwatch ever get new male heroes? - by Gors - 02-01-2017, 01:02 PM