Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
NDS model + animation => COLLADA converter
So, I submitted the models as-is. I got rejected due to a good number of reasons I sis not see coming. I am not sure how to solve most of them since I am not knowledgeable of 3D programs much, but thought I should share regardless.

• The model's bones do not work properly. The bones do not move the proper model vertices when manipulated, if at all. This is usually caused by faulty exporting. You may have to find another method to export the model if trying again does not work. Be sure to always test your exports before submitting them.

• The model does not load or properly display the textures. Either the model is looking in the wrong place for the textures, or a problem with the UV coordinates is preventing the textures from being displayed correctly. In order for models to properly load textures on anybody's computer, materials must be set up using relative file paths. Some programs export models using absolute file paths, which look fine on your computer but break for everyone else. Both .DAE and .OBJ formats can easily be edited using any text editor, so texture paths can quickly be changed this way. (.OBJ models have their texture paths stored in .MTL files, so edit these instead.) If the problem with the model itself, this is usually caused by models having more than one UV map on the same mesh. Common model formats do not support multiple UV maps like this. For models like these, use the map that matches with the most important texture. While for some models, the alternate UV maps are useless, some models depend heavily on them. In cases like these, it is best to create duplicates of the mesh in question and give each copy a different UV map. This way, none of the UV data is lost in the export.

• The model uses material colors instead of textures, which not everybody can use, so simple textures should be created for them. More importantly, the materials aren't assigned to the model.
--SOME PROJECTS IN DEVELOPMENT--
  • Red Crown Archives: Dedicated to preserve Cing's legacy (Hotel Dusk, Another Code, Last Window, etc)

-I WON'T BE AROUND TOO MUCH ON FORUMS, SO PM ME IF NECESSARY-
.. / .... --- .--. . / - --- / ... . . / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -.. .-. . .- -- ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- / .- -. -.. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / .-- .. ... .... . ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- / .-- .... . -. / .-- . / ... .... .- .-.. .-.. / -- . . - / .- --. .- .. -.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: NDS model + animation => COLLADA converter - by Adrot - 07-11-2019, 05:52 PM