Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
NDS model + animation => COLLADA converter
(04-23-2017, 11:41 PM)scurest Wrote: It seems... difficult
Bugger, well for the way you put it, those files may not be the ones to use with those models.

"You should see Found 0 models. Found <some positive number> animations."

Found 0 models.
Found 0 animations.

So the files I thought where animation files, where not animations, or at least they had no animations in, so now I have to find where they actually are, with some luck they'll fit the models I have, if I happen to find them.

(04-23-2017, 11:41 PM)scurest Wrote: What program are you importing them with? Blender seems to do this...

I'm using BlenderĀ  Unimpressed

I imported the file into Unity and the animations(from some other game) are all there.
So I tried to use FBXconverter(since it accepts dae) to turn it into a fbx file to see if I can bring that to blender, but it trows a "not enough parameters" error, there may be a node that lacks a definition, but the file is massive so I can't see if that's the case.

I'll try to find a smaller model to import and see if it's a problem with only that file or a more general thing with the format, in the mean time I'll see if I can download max and maya (trials of course Smug ) to see if they can import the dae properly.

(04-23-2017, 11:41 PM)scurest Wrote: only got some disembodied hands... So if you have more pieces I can imagine how you could fit them together.

That sounds about right, you may have the base hands for one of the girls, the armature is not that hard, you just merge them all, remove the duplicated bone and re-parent those who may need it, is not that much of a big deal really as blender does most of the work.
Having the animations is just a nice bonus on top of it all, which is really great, thank you so much.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: NDS model + animation => COLLADA converter - by Inferry - 04-27-2017, 06:02 PM