Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
NDS model + animation => COLLADA converter
(04-22-2017, 11:54 PM)Inferry Wrote: I wonder, is it possible to extract animations only? the models I have are a bunch of different parts that the game puts together(like legos), but the animation files (or what I think are the animation files) don't seem to be matching the models at all, so it always trows an error no matter what I try.

It seems... difficult Unsure An animation is basically just a big block of matrices. All the information about which joint to target with which matrix comes from the model files. I tried to extract models from Love Plus and only got some disembodied hands, which only seem to have the part of the skeleton that influences that hand (eg. the hand joint and then all of its ancestors). So if you have more pieces I can imagine how you could fit them together but unless some file has the full skeleton it will be hard to apply a NSBCA animation to it.

Btw, the way you can know if a file is an animation file is provide it without any models to the view command (apicula v file_in_question) and you should see Found 0 models. Found <some positive number> animations.. If you see any errors here, apicula couldn't understand the file at all and wouldn't be able to apply to any model.

(Maybe I should add an info command to make this kind of information more accessible....)

(04-22-2017, 11:54 PM)Inferry Wrote: I can get animations from other games, but I also seem to be getting only the first animation when there's obviously more than one, so I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong.

What program are you importing them with? Blender seems to do this—truncate to the first animation—to all COLLADA files (that's why I showed off the animation in Godot). I've been meaning to write up something about the limitations that Blender has. I was hoping other programs wouldn't have this issue though.

(04-23-2017, 07:19 PM)LGB Wrote: Although didn't work with Iron Man 2 NSBMD's when i run it I got "Found 0 BMDs. Found 0 BCAs." even when i can see the model in Console tool

Thanks for the report!
I pushed some changes that should improve things (but it's still not perfect), including support for NSBTX files, which you'll need to provide on the command line along with the NSBMDs get the textures to work.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: NDS model + animation => COLLADA converter - by scurest - 04-23-2017, 11:41 PM