Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fungi Cappani - A platformer with spores
Good, I think, I can drop a kind of an status report here. Okay, first things first Ouch! .

There has been very little progress being made (most of which was planning and writting). The reason for that slow working speed are current private issues (exams and a dentist appointment) and also the livestreaming thing, which currently eats up 3 entire days (including the saturday, where I normally worked the most on this project). Even my group is giving me pressure again related to video/LP related stuff (when does this or that come?), so there is more I have to kinda manage.

My time sure gets faster eaten than the ghost from Pac-Man, I can say that for sure Unsure .

Second, I'm sadly (but I expected this kinda) still running this project solo Ouch! . Most people I know and ask are either busy or have no interest working on this (which I can understand). The big issue is that the music stuff will properly bite my project, as I will be never be able to do the music part of it as well (all you currently can see from this project I did on my own, like the graphics and engine, with input from other people, in the form of feedback of course). I tried various places to spread the news and advertise my project and its current details, but mostly, I got a few to none response, which I also can understand, as that this project doesn't look finished or promising enough, to be a solid thing, to jump into a collaboration.

People actually E-mailed me about this being a "kids dream project" and how unlikely this is to happen to become a real game and that I should learn first to how to do games properly, by starting small. While, I kinda would agree on that, I can't really agree on that, as I do this for like... ten years by now Unsure ? Sure, I never finished a game (besides one, but that one was just a horrible RPG Maker 2003 shooting game), but I have the experience of ten years working on games and by now I should know a lot of game development (I'm not a master in this, but I'm far for being a absolute beginner in it).

What you guys think Sad ?

To make this not entirely boring for most people, here is my current design for bonus-/specialrooms (which also shows off the springs):
[Image: .eJwFwUsOwiAUAMC7cACg_Apd1sSlVzAvgJTY8gi...LCkvDMpXqY]

Quote:Maybe I can do publishing.
Thanks for the kind offer, but I think, its currently way to early to start publishing. I haven't even finished the first level and I'm still working on the engine. But I will keep that in mind for later Smile .
Thanked by: miyabi95_

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fungi Cappani - A platformer with spores - by Hiro-sofT - 03-02-2017, 05:02 AM