Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Fungi Cappani - A platformer with spores
Quote:And I love that you based it on the newer Kirby games. Those are bloody brilliant games.
I agree on the Kirby games aspect Big Grin . I will give my best to take the best from those games and make the flawed things better than those games (like the "not so kind", one try secret blocking, those games like to do).

Quote:I als highly approve of the choice to add buttons to move on the mobile version. Makes it seem like it's perfectly able to be controlled like a normal sidescroller, and it spares it from the clunky mess that plagues games like Mario Run.
One thing that I really disliked about games is if its controls are to gimmicky by force, just to have something "innovative". Most mobile games have this problem. While sweeping and other touch movement might be good for certain games, but not in a platformer, because most of these controls begin to feel too forced and it makes the movement unnecessary harder.

The current controls with the buttons are feeling smooth (at least for me now, don't know if others are thinking the same about that), which is my main objective in the controls.

Thanks for your kind post TabuuForteAkugun Smile .

Kinda small update about the development of the game:
I took Gors advise about making a devblog for my game. I created a Twitter page for everything Fungi Cappani related (small updates about gameplay, art, etc...). The link for the Twitter you can find in my signature or in the first post of this topic. Usually, I had not so good experience with Twitter, since I'm not a "advertisement guy" (I don't know why, but something about me, seems to scare people or I have something, which is making them sillent). I will, however, give it a shot and try it out. Everyone, who would like to share these devposts, can do that of course. Any help, in any form, is always appreciated Shy .

I also started to program the enemies and player damage into the game. This process will take a while to do. There is a lot of stuff I have to be beware of. Also, I played around with my current water object (which is only a visual thing at the moment). I also have here a .gif, which shows the game running on a actual mobile phone. All these can be checked on Twitter (the .gifs are included).

Because that .gif is too big for Twitter, here is the .gif about playing the game on a actual mobile phone device Smile :
[Image: fungicappani_phonetest.gif]
Thanked by: Kold-Virus, Gors

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fungi Cappani - A platformer with spores - by Hiro-sofT - 01-24-2017, 06:05 AM