Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Heya!
Welcome, vleize! That sounds like an awesome study, I'm personally doing Software Engineering but I'm also aiming towards gamedev (albeit from a more technical perspective). Also 21 but just finishing off my second year (out of 4) Tongue

You sound pretty neat and passionate which is definitely two very good attributes for gamedev! If I might give my input though, I can't say that doing everything 100% yourself is a great idea for your first project. I understand not wanting to share your story, but you could write up a contract for people who join in that basically just means they can't steal your ideas. It would take a bit of effort but I can say from experience that making a full-fledged game completely on your own is such a big task, not just technically but also mentally. Working with people on a project, especially a pretty large one (which this sounds like) makes everything easier on various levels. I would recommend doing it, even if it's just with one or two others.

That's just my $0.02 though. If you feel more comfortable doing it yourself and you're confident you can, then that's totally fine! And hey you might have experienced all of that yourself and know full well what you're doing. I just know that sometimes people can be a bit overambitious (myself included on many, many occasions) and it's good to at least know that it might not go completely smoothly.

In any case, glad to have you here! There are plenty of awesome artists here to help you if you need any tips and tricks on spriting an animation, and that kind of stuff in general. Enjoy your stay!
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Heya! - by vleize - 11-07-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: Heya! - by puggsoy - 11-08-2016, 12:17 AM
RE: Heya! - by Raccoon Sam - 11-08-2016, 10:42 AM
RE: Heya! - by Petie - 11-08-2016, 11:14 AM
RE: Heya! - by vleize - 11-08-2016, 12:06 PM