Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Shining Force graphics hack - WIP thread
Some of the remade map sprites (edited the palette to be able to add more shades, redid some parts for more consistency between frames and with the portraits):
[Image: VKNT71Q.png]
Note that the originals are brighter due to rgb setting differences, they will be equally bright in the hack.

Custom Pelle sprite WIP:
[Image: FCcuTQ7.png]

Edit: I've decided to do a bit of shading and anti-aliasing cleanup work on each battle sprite, besides recoloring and moving weird color shades around, so they're gonna take longer but the results will be nicer. For the cerberus below (and a couple of others) I've added one extra shade for better highlights, since most sprites have several unused palette slots. 

[Image: NkT8TbL.png]

Original:
[Image: 15404.png]

Edit 2:
Probably final versions of most of the chapter 1 enemies compared to the originals, let me know what you think:
[Image: AS0eSoq.png]
Added the pig nose from the artwork

[Image: YVYFqm4.png]
Fixed the filled armpit in the attack frame and inconsistent metal shading in other frames

[Image: LaZQZ4Q.png]
Armpit fix and added glow around eyes

[Image: m7DZu3o.png]

[Image: liwzW0w.png]
Too dark purples perhaps?

[Image: QedaM3r.png]
Consistent shield shading. I could make the tongue red if wanted, though I believe lizards don't have red tongues. 

[Image: UkyZA6O.png]
Also fixed the brightest shade on high priest (yellow/orange one)

[Image: Acqf1QG.png]
Added shade for smoother highlights. Fixed the empty pixels in some frames. 

[Image: MTXi1XH.png]
More consistent shading in all frames

[Image: MUlIaS4.png]
Added shade for darkest skin tone anti-aliasing

[Image: qDgeMyf.png]

[Image: 61aTp8C.png]

[Image: 8uZXeZe.png]
Fixed cap shading and armpit fill on both

And here's max's battle sprite:
[Image: yGTQYAx.png]
Added a shade for more consistent hair (orange like the portrait), made the hair shading more consistent between frames, and used the barely used yellow shade for leather highlights in every frame instead of just the last one.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shining Force graphics hack - WIP thread - by ommadawnyawn - 11-04-2016, 05:46 PM