Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Shining Force graphics hack - WIP thread
Re: Blue haired girl (Shell), yeah but you know anime shading for hair doesn't make much sense right? I fixed some of those, for Adam for example, but tried to stick to the outlines (where it's also the most noticeable).

Fair point about Torasu (green hat guy), the MD palette is rather limited when it comes to dark colors so you kinda have to do hue shifts towards red or blue instead for it to look good, or have the giant steps like in the original - which do look slightly better on real hardware as the RGB steps aren't linear there, but I'm focusing on emulation now since I think most will play the hack this way.

Edit: Regarding my tone, what should I have done? Given up on the hack like you said? Because now you're actually helping it being made instead.

(10-31-2016, 01:26 PM)Ton Wrote: The original eyes look more like the drawing. The shape of the face is another matter. Your eyes make him look like this.

I disagree that the original looks closer to the artwork. 

Uh, okay. He's not squinting any more in the edit, but I can make the eyes less.. segmented from the face? How about these versions, any of those better? 

[Image: Vr9wp6Y.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shining Force graphics hack - WIP thread - by ommadawnyawn - 10-31-2016, 01:48 PM