Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Python programming
(10-31-2016, 08:18 AM)Raccoon Sam Wrote: Although not strictly related to the subject, what languages do you personally find the most comfortable to program in? I really really like Python but learning new things is always good.

Personally I love Haxe, it's lets me do most things I want to with relative ease, mostly because I just have a lot of experience with it and know my way around it well. It's not quite as simple as Python and requires some extra boilerplate stuff sometimes, but it is quite powerful and lets me do what I want. It's also just a really cool language that might be good to look into later on if you feel like branching out.
Like Platino said Java is also really nice, at my university it's used as the main language for software courses, including introductory ones. It's not very low-level but it still teaches you a lot of things that are relevant in general programming. It's a really good language to start out with, once you know it you can learn most other languages relatively easily.

(10-31-2016, 08:55 AM)DragonDePlatino Wrote: I used to program games in C++ but got sick of how complex and messy the language is.

Now I only know C (and don't have too much experience yet) but isn't C++ just C with classes (and some other small changes)? Which I assume would be useful for games? To my knowledge game development is usually easier and makes more sense with an object-oriented design. I understand that's it's way more complex than C but in that case maybe a higher-level language is better suited. Nowadays, making games in C/C++ is usually only worth it if you need some low-level hardware or memory control for optimization purposes.
That said C is still an awesome language (obviously) and I'm not trying to convince you to switching to something else, I'm just curious as to the choice.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Python programming - by Raccoon Sam - 10-31-2016, 05:46 AM
RE: Python programming - by puggsoy - 10-31-2016, 07:01 AM
RE: Python programming - by DragonDePlatino - 10-31-2016, 07:40 AM
RE: Python programming - by Raccoon Sam - 10-31-2016, 08:18 AM
RE: Python programming - by DragonDePlatino - 10-31-2016, 08:55 AM
RE: Python programming - by puggsoy - 11-01-2016, 08:38 AM
RE: Python programming - by DragonDePlatino - 11-01-2016, 02:00 PM