Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Anyone else find childhood favorites less fun now?
nostalgia is a double edged sowrd, as it can bloom your fond memories of a game (and pretty much anything) in tenfold. However when you actually play it again, you'll see that it's the same thing, nothing has really changed in the game - what changed was your point of view concerning the game.

Kids usually have a more forgiving point of view about things, so we can enjoy games that are objectively bad (sometimes even frustrating) and still have fond memories of it. But as you grow up, you get smarter and the challenges of before becomes very short hurdles that give you no challenge at all (either due to you actually getting better in reflexes, or the puzzle wasn't too difficult anyway to begin with)..

For example most people I know enjoyed pokemon since the original GB DMG era, but I can't even enjoy that shit due to being well,

shit

But the newer games manage to have the same feel and basic gameplay while being objectively better. Hardware and improvement on music and graphics do matter, after all.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: TomGuycott

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone else find childhood favorites less fun now? - by Gors - 10-28-2016, 05:30 AM