Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Anyone else find childhood favorites less fun now?
I had a TON of PSX games as a kid, so a lot of my early gaming memories are related to those games. Looking back at it, a lot of PSX games are secretly not really very good at all, despite me playing them constantly over and over again because that's all little Shade wanted to do with his time. Most immediate ones that come to mind being:
  • Jet Moto 2
  • Rascal
  • Casper
Much to my dismay, surprise, dissatisfaction and overall sad face inflicting disbelief, Jet Moto 2 is way more terrible than I thought it was at the time. The graphics, while fairly good for when the game was released, are just so friggin ugly now. The racing is clunky and it's incredibly hard to properly maneuver the bikes (although you could probably chalk this up as my skills being rusty, but I like to think it's not my fault). The soundtrack still kicks ass though and makes you feel like a cool biker dude, so that's good.

Rascal was super cool to me. So basically you're a kid. This kid has a bubble gum gun or something. You run around a house and look at stuff and open doors and whatnot. Super cool! A few years later I realized that what I treated as a 10 minute game actually had levels to play!!! Holy crap!!! A super excited me jumped into a fancy level portal I found, all Crash Bandicoot 3 style, and was sent on a time-traveling quest to beat a villain obsessed with hourglasses! Only problem: the game sucks. It's soul rippingly hard (at least to my memory), the movement is so weiiird, you never have enough health or ammo, and the camera...........dear god the camera was TERRIBLE. The actual game is just... not as fun as running through an empty house was.

The puzzles in Casper made no sense. That's why Casper is dumb. Pretty sure it was one of the first games I looked up a walkthrough for, because the puzzles in Casper make no sense.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone else find childhood favorites less fun now? - by Shade - 10-19-2016, 09:19 AM