Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Anyone else find childhood favorites less fun now?
Oh. Usually when I pick up a game from when I was a kid, it's actually gotten better somehow, because I've come to appreciate just how actually robust a game is, like Mario Bros. for the Atari 2600 (this and Freeway were the actual first videogames I played, wtf I am OLD)
Most of the "actual" SNES games I played as a kid...and I hate to say it, were consistently good and are surprisingly solid up through today (I'm even buying old games that I missed as a kid)
Thanks, Nintendo, for your extremely high licensing costs and quality control!!!

The only problem is that now I'm an old ass man with a life and job and apartment and whatnot and currently playing some other socially-obligated title (Overwatch or League of Legends for example) on top of some fun life-sim check-in-daily title and that same game that used to hold my attention for three hours on end now holds my attention for about...fifteen minutes. :/

That said I've gone around picking up games Cinemarella missed as a kid on the PS1 and uhhhhhhhh some of these games...one of them was this Muppets racing game. how did this thing even pass quality assurance lmfao
I'm highly led to believe Sony didn't have the kind of super-strict developer guidelines and quality assurance that Nintendo did, which is why there were like oodles of noodles of games for it and lots of them mediocre
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone else find childhood favorites less fun now? - by Kosheh - 10-19-2016, 09:11 AM