Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The "I like to play as either male/female characters" Thread
never been a fan of tomb raider (didn't grow up with polygons), but i couldn't help but notice that Lara Croft is much more realistic, to the point of being uncanny valley, if you will.

and i dunno if that's colloquially good or bad, but i honestly find it more modest than her original look-at-my-boobs design from 1996. her modern design is more of a sexy, but not obnoxious design.

and that's weird coming from me: a freak for super voluptuous and curvy character designs. but to me the overly-sexualized design from 96 just doesn't seem to fit the survival platfotmer motif to me. felicia from darkstalkers for instance is like capcom's ultra-sexy brainchild but the aesthetic totally fits with the dark and humorous universe that she originates from.

getting back on topic, i suppose i'm even picky with certain gals in video games. while i do enjoy playing as her, lucina is a bit too plain of a design (navy blue and faded gold? meh), and she's pretty stoic and serious (this is basically me in real life). i don't have them downloaded yet, but i'd probably relate better to a character who's more expressive like corrin or bayonetta (opposites can attract!). meanwhile i have princess peach and jigglypuff. lol
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "I like to play as either male/female characters" Thread - by miyabi95_ - 10-06-2016, 02:30 AM