Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts
Hi, RTB, I'm not really from these forums, but it seemed the most ready way to reach you.

Either way, wanted to contact you about an older QBMS script, and a few troubles I was having with such. I've recently been porting the SK series' (among other franchises) models to programs like SFM, all thanks of course to your clever little scripts. They work like a charm for what they're meant to do, and have given me barely any problems when I use them right. So that aside, I've recently cracked SK Reflexions on a whim and a commission, (if you've been looking for the files, I could send them over) and have tried out your little tools with that as well. Still hold up amazingly, with one short exception.

I've been using the "TamsoftSKEV_CAT" and "Tamsoft_GXT" from an old Xentax forum post to pretty good effect throughout the past, and they still mostly work excellently. I've been able to successfully extract meshes, models, and skeletons from the data using them - apparently, the engine didn't budge much. However, the textures themselves have been giving me some troubles. When running the resulting .dat files through QBMS with the "Tamsoft_GXT" script, I recieve an error in the form of "0 files found in 0 seconds: coverage file 0 0% 12 4210816 . offset 0000000c". No .dds texture files pop out at all, through the scripter claims to be finished. I know for a fact the files are good, as they're upwards of 4MB and are in the same folder locations as the past would indicate, so I have little clue of how to fix this. From my personal research on the issue, I think it has something to do with either the "TamsoftSKEV_CAT" script or the "Tamsoft_GXT" one failing to either decode or locate the header files the gxts normally use. What would be the fix to this? I know these weren't 100% your scripts and were written up by someone else, but you seemed to be the expert on these sorts of files and scripts. I sent you a DM with a link to a Mediafire download with assets for one of the costumes. If you need more of or the rest of the game's files, I have them ready as well.

Thank you for the time you've given, and the great scripts you've made. It's solely because of you a lot of great models got released for public usage and art, and we're all grateful for your efforts. Whatever happens from here, thank you for all you've already done.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - by RPGShoulderDevil - 11-09-2018, 03:12 PM