Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts
(06-16-2018, 09:12 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: Okay I wasn't sure who I needed to ask about this but recent Splatoon2 BNTX extraction is having some weird effects, mainly with the eyelid textures. You'll see what I mean. Here, have a look.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pmdtpa074insh...d.zip?dl=0
That's normal. Well, sort of. Those eyelid textures are using the "ATI2" texture format (a DXT-based compression but only two channels), but for whatever reason Noesis doesn't read those correctly, so if you're looking for another free option to work with those, give nomacs a try (otherwise look for the Intel plugin and use it with Photoshop), just preview it and hit CTRL+SHIFT+C to copy it to the clipboard, or even just use nomacs to convert it to PNG directly. Because yeah, the texture itself is actually supposed to look more like this, not the way you had it converted to PNG:
[Image: NcuwreU.png]

The red channel is a transparency, and the green is the diffuse (or the other way around in Photoshop), flip those around and the result should look like this:
[Image: vJTYAq6.png]

That being said, if you happen to come across something that looks improperly-tiled, I'll be updating my script to fix that (and a few other issues I've noticed) a bit later.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - by Random Talking Bush - 06-16-2018, 10:00 PM