Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts
(06-11-2018, 04:42 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: So uh, I hate to be irksome, but when do you think you'll be able to update the Telltale script to work with Sam and Max Season 3 and maybe Tales of Monkey Island?
Unfortunately I don't have an answer for that at the moment. Telltale's "middle" era of games (well, at the time I'd written the script) all have some sort of compression on the vertex buffers which I have not figured out yet. Once I do, I can finally add those all to the script and make it "All-in-One" instead of an "Almost-All-in-One" importer.

(06-13-2018, 02:08 AM)Lugana Rysniq Wrote: When i'm porting the Model from SK: EV some of the Parts are Seperated and get crusty Normals in a few Parts (Like hair)
i'm using 3dsmax 2016.
like it'll have

Mat=1 Vis=40
Mat=1 Vis=41
Mat=1 Vis=42
Mat=1 Vis=42.001
Mat=1 Vis=42.002
Mat=1 Vis=42.003
Mat=1 Vis=42.004

Any way to make this not happen?
I haven't added normals support yet as I haven't figured out exactly how they're set up, but the way they're split up is completely intentional due to the way the models themselves are stored (they have dozens of interchangeable parts, having multiple polygon groups with different "Vis" numbers merged into one group means parts would've been nearly impossible or at least really difficult to separate).
Thanked by: Carpaccio

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - by Random Talking Bush - 06-14-2018, 01:38 PM