Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts
(01-25-2018, 08:49 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 06:02 PM)KillzXGaming Wrote: Hey RTB, do you happen to have any documentation on the Switch BFRES format as it changed quite a bit from Wii U? I was thinking of making a few tools on the format and although the max script does help figure out the structure for some parts, an organised set of documentation like on mk8.tockdom or a 010 template would be quite useful.
I don't exactly have a guideline yet, but the major difference is that it uses 64-bit offsets, little-endian instead of big-endian, and textures are kept in embedded sub-archives instead of being with the models like with the Wii U's BFRES. Of course, those aren't the only differences, a number of things are rearranged and some things are completely different. I'll see what I can do to properly explain the differences later.

But speaking of BFRES:

Code:
Added an option to print material properties to the Listener.
Changed texture importing to a two-pass system so it shouldn't error if it tries to apply certain textures before a diffuse is assigned.

https://mega.nz/#!HgQAST4A!vmzfmpPurKANo...r1mUjCrw44

I should've had this update done months ago. Ouch!
Thanks. I did make a little mat xml extractor for those awhile back which helped me out though I really appreciate your efforts and it'll be alot more convenient to have that around. I do get alot of what changed now that I parsed quite a bit and looked through that bfres script, I was just curious as I may continue to do some tools for it and parse a bit more.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - by KillzXGaming - 01-26-2018, 10:44 PM