Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts
(11-23-2017, 09:09 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Figured I'd finally get off my lazy butt and finish off my World of Final Fantasy model importing script which I'd teased here earlier, since a PC version was released not too long ago. Thankfully, unlike the Vita version, the filesystem's not a pile of nonsense to figure out, so it's actually possible to find specific models! You'll need to run the decompressor script on anything you wish to import first since practically everything in the game is ZLIB-compressed, and then use the TEX-to-DDS script to get the textures into a usable format (note: some of them are BC7 format, so you'll need to have either Noesis or another program capable of importing those).

No automatic texture application for the models yet, though, but most of the character models from this game only have one texture so it's fairly trivial.

Download MaxScript
Download File Decompressor
Download TEX to DDS Converter

Ah this script is so awesome! Awesome job.

I'm using 3DSMax 2016 and it works perfectly for the characters, but for environments it doesn't want to load.
Gives an error about the number of skinned meshes being above 1.

The one I tried was in the following path:
World of Final Fantasy\resource\finalizedWin64\mithril\map\hi\007_CorneliaArea1st\model

named a0000.mdl

The towns in this game are really nice.

Is it possible to request a fix for the script that supports the games environments?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - by squall789 - 11-26-2017, 09:48 PM