Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts
Similar situation to namine207, I am also having a few quirks with the *no importer script. While fairly reliable in most cases, I too get a few specific files that just will not import. My error comes from the Wii *.gno format where some files will say upon importing:
Code:
-- MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception:
-- Unable to convert: undefined to type: Integer64
-- MAXScript callstack:
--    thread data: threadID:13076
My use for this is ripping stage geometry from Black Knight and Secret Rings, but some geometries end up missing because not all will import because of the aforementioned error.

Besides the quirks, I have a few question about the script itself. 

First off, does this rip and assign materials? I use Blender for everything, and I don't know if it's my limited experience with 3ds max like not knowing how to add a material in that program, but what I do is import to 3ds max, export fbx and reimport to Blender, and from what I can tell, each object should get its own material, but no materials are present. While still workable because each object needs to only worry about one material, what I end up having to doing is try to recreate and reassign materials after looking back and forth between the game itself and my editor to see what texture goes to what object. It gets to be very tedious and would be much faster with material names at the very least. This isn't really much of a problem with smaller models though because guess-and-check materials usually end up working, but larger files with hundreds of objects end up being time consuming. However, I have to say I don't know jack shit about the file format and for all I know it doesn't even store material IDs. BUT if it does, I think this would be a very useful feature making ripping large stages much easier.

Second, large stage geometries are separated into multiple *.*no files. I think a feature that could be added to the import script is sequential batch importing so it's just a matter of selecting the desired *.gno files and waiting for it to import all the geometries into max. As of now, having to import each *.gno one by one for large stages is very tedious. 

Back to the original problem though, maybe you could help me out in the meantime? I have a few example gno files I can send that give the problem unless you're already fixing everything with the next update.

EDIT: forgot to complete a few sentences...
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - by AdelQ - 10-14-2017, 09:46 PM