Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts
(08-15-2017, 08:48 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 01:10 AM)quetzalcoatil Wrote: Hey RTB,

I'm not sure if it's my setup or what, but I have an issue in my max -> maya pipeline using the R6 version of this. I originally thought it was the ao maps on some of the botw models (because that's what max pointed me at), but commenting that section out doesn't seem to fix it. I import a model then export it via fbx in max 2014, then reimport the thing in maya 2017. It works until I turn on textured mode which causes maya to give me a blank dialog and then hang. Nothing gets logged by maya. Also this pipeline works with R4 of your maxscript, so I can use that if I need to until it gets sorted (by either of us). Mostly I'm just bringing it to your attention. I haven't tried any other versions of max/maya/fbx as I don't have them installed. I'm using fbx 2014.0.1 if it matters to you.

Do you plan on supporting animation data in the future?

Thanks for your work on this script, it's great.
Hrm, not sure what could be causing the program crashes, unfortunately. Definitely sounds like one of the changes in R5 might've introduced an incompatibility. :/

This sounds like my bad...

I programmed this code under max 2017, with the materials available under this version. Maybe a part is incompatible with previous versions but i don't think so. The code works for BotW, and also for me errors appears with MK8 models.

I did it to facilitate and automate the reconstruction of materials with BotW models but if that is problematic...

It's my bad so I will study the problem and try to solve it.

Sorry for problems. Sad

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - by Sylk - 09-26-2017, 07:11 AM