Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts
(08-19-2017, 07:03 PM)Raivop Wrote: Hiyo, I'm having a problem with .ism2 importer: it doesn't import the model correctly (using both PC and PC debug ones). First at all the model itself looks extremely small when I import the model (this is how it looks on viewport) and the materials don't apply right (seems like something went wrong in DDS convert?). Also the model looks off, with missing polygons and all. 

I'm using 3DS Max 2018 (Trial), by the way.

P.S. just for the record, TMD importer worked totally fine. Also, keep up the good work!
The models being microscopic is technically correct since that's just the way they're stored in the game's data, but frankly I'm getting annoyed by that too when I'm extracting them myself, so for the sake of usability I'll be uploading a script revision sometime in the next day or two which will fix a couple of bugs I found (such as Harley's model in FFF:ADF not importing and Dark Orange's model in MDNVII not applying the materials correctly), so that they'll import at 100x their original size by default, which coincidentally matches the scale used in Neptunia U and MegaTagmension, and should be much more manageable.

For the materials not applying correctly, it's because the script checks for the respective DDS files in the TEXTURE\001 subfolder by default, if they're nonexistent or DX10-based (like Fairy Fencer F ADF's) then that's probably why they're not loading up. The update I'll be posting later for the script will have a few extra options to change the format from DDS to PNG, or to look for textures in the same folder as the ISM2.

And finally, the polygons actually aren't missing, it looks like the backface culling for the model isn't enabled. The black spots you're seeing on the model are actually the opposite side of the polygons showing through. Right-clicking the model and going to the Object Properties menu, there should be an option for "Backface Cull", if that's enabled the model should look correct (the models in Neptunia U and such don't have that since the backfacing is handled by material properties instead). Alternatively, in the Customize > Preferences menu option, there should be an option in the Viewports tab for "Backface Cull on Object Creation", you should enable that if it isn't already as it's incredibly handy.
Thanked by: Raivop

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - by Random Talking Bush - 08-19-2017, 07:36 PM