Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts
(02-24-2017, 07:18 AM)hyago Wrote: Hi everyone.

Any of you were able to extract .PTEX images files? I've been using TiledGGD and images get broken. Perhaps I must do some configuration beforehand.
I've already googled and find nothing.
Any ideas?
Change the mode to "Tiled" and in "Set Tile Size" from 8x8 to 16x8 for 8-bit (256 colour) images, or 32x8 for 4-bit (16 colour) ones. Then just shift it one byte at a time until the texture no longer appear garbled. The palettes are 4-bytes BGR, and are located below the textures themselves.

[Image: V6XBrcJ.png]

Or you can just do a scene dump in Jpcsp to get the textures, which is faster overall (and you wouldn't have to fiddle with the palettes until you get something right.

(01-15-2017, 11:01 AM)DeathNut Wrote: No request, I am just curious, but do you think that you will ever make scripts that will encode stuff instead of decoding? Like a GTX to BFLIM?
There's still quite a lot of unknowns in the texture formats, so I'm not sure exactly how I'd go about building them from scratch. But I'm sure someone else will do so at a later time, there is a lot of interest in Wii U modding still.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - by Random Talking Bush - 02-24-2017, 09:12 PM