Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Do You Believe In "Untouchable Classics?"
The term is so strong with Back to the Future. Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale outright forbid any remakes as long as they live.
It's very likely the Ghostbusters remake flopped because of this. With the toys going on clearance before the movie even came out.
Ditto on Total Recall, because Arnie's the man and it was unnecessary for a remake to begin with. A freaking 90s movie!

In my opinion, studios should wait until their franchises are about over fifty years old. Because it feels too soon to remake 80s movies.
American adaptations shouldn't be made either. Look how big a shitstorm the Ghost in the Shell movie is causing with whitewashing Motoko.
I also fear how the American version of Troll Hunter will turn out, as that's one of the better recent found footage movies out there.

As for a video game. I guess many Beat'um Up, original and licensed, and certain cinematic platform games should be left alone.
Turtles in Time Re-Shelled could've been better if it wasn't an ugly 3D mess. (I actually find the arcade version superior to its SNES port)
Flashback is another example, as they should've went with how Another World gets ported to HD game consoles and computers.
Hell, the Prince of Persia remake on XBLA & PSN, and Abe's Oddysee: New N Tasty did a better job than the Flashback remake.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by: puggsoy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do You Believe In "Untouchable Classics?" - by Dolphman - 09-08-2016, 06:58 AM