Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Any helpful advice on extracting .MHK files?
Okay, so after some searching online and email exchanges, I had the chance to contact a person called SupperTails66 (Who is known to me as the creator of the HumongousRip A.K.A. Heerip), and he graciously helped me a lot with his Mohawkrip program.
Thanks to his program, I was able to rip 13.4 gigabytes of resources from "Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?" which consist of sprites, sound effects, character dialogue and music. (Don't worry, the latter will not be uploaded onto this site).

While this is fantastic news, it isn't a program that is able to extract all of .MHK resources from various software programs as it was designed "for resource files in certain Mohawk engine titles,
namely the later Carmen Sandiego games." (I tried it on "Living Books" titles that have .MHK, and it wasn't successful. Same thing for "Dr. Seuss Kindergarten" and all it extracted was some discolored sprites and garbled sound files from a band folder).

Regardless, I am pleased with what I was able to extract, and I hope to upload those sounds sometime around late October or early November.
And for something interesting to read, I learned from SupperTails66 that an .AIC file is actually a standard .AIFF audio file. And If I change the file extension to .AIF, it becomes a playable audio file! (I was able convert all .AIC files from Carmen Sandiego Math Detective into playable audio thanks to his terrific wisdom).

Thanks for reading.
-Gamer101

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any helpful advice on extracting .MHK files? - by Gamer101 - 09-29-2016, 09:10 PM