Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Any helpful advice on extracting .MHK files?
(08-31-2016, 11:20 PM)Gamer101 Wrote: Okay, so after some time looking around and researching, I used QuickBMS with the Mohawk script on the sample I attached here and extract it. But, it turned out to be a bust as the extracted files are in .DAT format (Most of them just 1kb and one 164kb), and hex editor didn't give me any leads on what the .DAT files really are originally.

However, I did test a different .MHK file in Hex Editor, and it said in header "MHWK..`˜WAVECue#" which means it is probably a .WAV audio file. (But just renaming it with .wav would just render the file unplayable and Mohawk script with QuickBMS didn't work either as the results says:
"- signature of 4 bytes at offset  0x00000008 doesn't match the one expected by the script:
this one: "WAVE"
57 41 56 45   WAVE

expected: "RSRC"
52 53 52 43 RSRC )"

Anyway, I thought should report my progress here. It may not be much, but at least I'm getting some leads -and information- with some of the .MHK files.

I'll report again once I get a breakthrough.

-Gamer101_123

I've been wanting to rip files from The Logical Journey of the Zoombinis for years but it's proven really difficult. Using the script posted in the thread I was able to uncover a load of .mhk files which I imported as raw data into Audacity and they came out as working audio files, though some were distorted.

There seemed to be a large number of missing files, namely the image files and about half of the MIDIs.

Anyway, I really hope you get further with this. I look forward to any updates.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any helpful advice on extracting .MHK files? - by Larry_KoopaV2 - 09-03-2016, 05:47 PM