Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
★ The Sonic Adventure 2 Problem ★ - Dreamcast Ripping
(08-11-2016, 03:52 PM)MidnightXS Wrote: I personally only care about the stages, but it would be nice if it all got perfected. Stages like Green Forest are missing almost all of the detail models it seems, like bushes and stuff. Does anyone know where files like that would be for SA2?

They would be in the .bin files, I am currently making a word document listing all the files in a file-tree like format and will be updating it with what files contain in them.
Most of the .bins are in the .prs files which you have to unpack. The problem with exporting models from SA2 is that they are created directly from the binary of each .bin and I believe that stages have some of their objects or detail models in separate files, making ripping from SA2 all the more difficult.

What is also frustrating is that not all textures/folders of textures have a .bin file name of the same name, making it all the more difficult to find what each .bin has, though for stages sonic retro has a list of most of the models for .bins in a list.

If anyone is interested here is a download of all the textures from SA2 Dreamcast.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/j63arp...69/SA2.zip
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: ★ The Sonic Adventure 2 Problem ★ - Dreamcast Ripping - by Yarcaz - 08-11-2016, 07:28 PM