Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
PSXPrev (PSX Model/Texture Viewer) (Released!)
(07-30-2020, 12:43 PM)KrakenOfTheSea Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 11:07 PM)Cavan Ashton Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 10:10 PM)KrakenOfTheSea Wrote: Is there a way to convert the vertex colouring on the models to a texture using Meshlab? Meshlab appears to be the only programme that recognises the vertex colours.

Yes. Just export the model to .DAE format in MeshLab then import the .DAE file into Blender and unwrap the UVs. Then export the model from Blender to .PLY. Import the .PLY file in MeshLab and go to Filters/Texture/Convert PerTexture UV to PerWedge UV and click apply. Then go to Filters/Texture/Vertex Color to Texture and click apply. And then you should have the Vertex Colors converted into a Texture.

This method works somewhat, but it messes up the UVs of the textured parts of the model. Some parts are textured, and other parts use vertex colours.

I actually discovered a different way to do this. Do you know if I can export only certain portions of the model? They're properly partitioned in the application, but I can't pick the parts apart in a modelling software.
You need to separate the parts of the model that are Gray. the Gray part of the model is where normal textures are. So in Blender, select the model and go in edit mode, and select the Gray parts and press P and click separate. I'll might do a video tutorial on how i do it.

I made a Video Tutorial on how i did it. Sorry if it's laggy. My computer is old.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UAxwKVG...sp=sharing
I like ripping stuff from games.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: PSXPrev (PSX Model/Texture Viewer) - by Ton - 07-19-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: PSXPrev (PSX Model/Texture Viewer) (Released!) - by Cavan Ashton - 07-30-2020, 02:34 PM