Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
DioShiba's Pixel Thread 2021: Assortment of Assets and Artworks
(01-20-2021, 03:57 PM)Barack Obama Wrote: I like the goose =)

I think what most needs work is your anatomy, especially proportions of body parts compared to other each other as well as basic anatomy for hands.

While I appreciate the feedback in depth and will keep in mind for future works, three of the ones that you have critiqued have been from more than over a year and I've mainly been experimenting with different ways to go about making pixel art with a new perspective in mind.

EDIT: I could actually get some old pixel art pieces I have hosted on pixel joint from 2009-ish to illustrate where I actually used to be before pursuing art as a major, now that I think of it.

I think the other thing too that would be fair to point out with the second example is that I was going off a figurine model that I bought where the hands are actually kind of small, maybe I downsized it too much when I traced over it but eventually it became a more abstract piece where I kind of became less concerned about things being correct as opposed to kind of going nuts with the shapes and juxtapositions. (I'm going to try to do what I can to resize it so I can upload it here if need be)

With the first example however, I would agree with that. That's something I might go back in and fix at some point but it's not the priority for me right now.

But again, thank you for the C+C. I am aware that anatomy is sort of my main issue that I have to be consistent with so I'm wondering whether or not it's worth it to get a hand model to help look at it from observation.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: DioShiba's 2020 "what the hell am I doing with these pixels?" thread. - by DioShiba - 01-20-2021, 08:12 PM