Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
DioShiba's Pixel Thread 2021: Assortment of Assets and Artworks
I like the goose =)

I think what most needs work is your anatomy, especially proportions of body parts compared to other each other as well as basic anatomy for hands.

Example: This guy and his hands, they look like arm extensions with sausages for fingers.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=11477]

Another one: Her hands are way too small, she can not even cover half of her face with one hand.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=11493]

This one looks like you decided for a picture size and then you ran out of space (some parts like his head look squished). In this one, his hands look ok, but his feet are way too small to carry the rest of the body. His super small wings are intentional, I guess? Tail looks broken too, but since he can use it like a multi-part whip, I guess it's alright.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8625]

Gloves need more contrast, fingers look kinda meaty again, but what bugs me most is his face. I assume that you drew the mask first and then the rest of the face around it, which is why it looks a bit distorted. Better try the face without the mask to make it look alright and pixel the arm with the mask as separate entity, which can be then layed over the rest of the sprite.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=7942]

Colours look nice, house looks nice, but the tree trunk is way too big for such a small canopy (or vice versa).
[Image: attachment.php?aid=6863&hash=b47bb3bab46...66e5271ba5]

All in all, your choice of colours is nice and your pixel art looks the best when it doesn't come to anatomy / proportions, like these two:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=11496]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=11517]
Ripping Tutorial for PC Engine / TurboGrafx 16 / TurboGrafx CD
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41637.html
Thanked by: DioShiba, -¼-

Messages In This Thread
RE: DioShiba's 2020 "what the hell am I doing with these pixels?" thread. - by Barack Obama - 01-20-2021, 03:57 PM