Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
DioShiba's Pixel Thread 2021: Assortment of Assets and Artworks
I agree with Retro, the way the sun reflects of the water is fantastic, and honestly the best thing about the piece, especially considering water is so hard to nail. I think with the rest though the textures feel a bit... off? The colour choice is fantastic and i think with a bit more study into how the textures of rock and grass etc should be portrayed, you can take your work a lot further. Obviously over-texturing can also be bad but i think a little more will put you at the sweet spot.

Basically, i think your level of texturing for the water is perfect, but for everything else(the trees, rock and grass), it could be bumped up just a little to match.

Also, your sky works really well as do your planets, i just think they feel a bit too separate right now, as though the planets are small and floating as opposed to large and celestial. I can't give exact advice but i think this could be improved through the use of having them have a bit of reflective light(like, the moon) and possibly a bit of shading in relation to the sun. It would be something i would have to try before commenting on with more certainty but that is what i would try first Smile

I guess essentially what I'm saying is overall, you have several solid pieces, but they need to be bought more "together", in my opinion.
Thanked by: DioShiba

Messages In This Thread
RE: DioShiba's thread meant for customo pixels. (Now with extra Marios and Metroids!) - by JewyB - 10-01-2018, 05:26 PM