Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
What's the point in having a Rep on here?
Youtube also arguably has lazy mods/admins, or they're under some company policy to do nothing productive.
There are comments that amount to harassment, hate speech, and bullying.
These should be removed, and the people posting them should be given a warning, or even have the cops sent to their house.

I've reported some absolutely unacceptable comments on that site, and it's clear youtube's staff or whoever/whatever is in charge of dealing with it simply have no desire/ability to.

Compared to youtube, this community is usually ok, usually...
I do feel that quite a few people could still work on some things, but aside from a select few threads, I don't see flame wars going on here nearly as often as they do on youtube. For the most part, racism and similar things don't seem to be nearly as prominent here as youtube's comment section. I'm sure everyone here can share multiple stories of nightmarish comment chains they've witnessed or participated in.

The rep system here does tend to be abused, though. It'll be sad all the funny or constructive up-reps have to go, but at the same time, those down-reps...some are just awful.

Another question, though, why did the myBB team decide to remove them? Is it similar issues to what's happened here? Or is there another, perhaps not even serious reason? (only cuz software devs do have a tendency to add and remove stuff for all the wrong reasons)
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the point in having a Rep on here? - by DarkGrievous7145 - 07-12-2016, 02:45 PM