Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Yu-Gi-Oh! and Super Mario Maker chat thread
Does anyone remember that weird phase when Yu-Gi-Oh players said, "They added new rules, it's ruined FOR-E-VAR!" ...Oh, wait, that happens every time a new mechanic is announced, let's be more specific.

I'm talking about the Link Monsters and Extra Zones. For those not in the know, they changed the field, moving the Pendulum Zones to the leftmost and rightmost parts of the Spell/Trap zone, and placing two Extra Zones in the middle of the field. Anything that can be summoned from the Extra Deck now has to go in these Extra Zones, to limit the ability to flood the field with Extra Deck monsters. The tradeoff is that all Link Monsters have arrows on them, pointing to the Monster Zones, and any zone they point to becomes and Extra Zone.

When it was first announced, there was two months of griping. "Rar, I can't fill my field with 3000 ATK monsters in one move, the game's ruined!" And pretty much at the two-month mark they're like, "Wait, never mind, I can STILL totally do that."

So fickle.
"Ideals too easily give way to dogma. Dogma becomes fanaticism. No higher power sits in judgment of us. No supreme being watches to punish us for our sins. In the end, only we ourselves can guard against our obsessions. Only we can decide whether the road we walk carries too high a toll."

-Arno Victor Dorian
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yu-Gi-Oh! and Super Mario Maker chat thread - by Usyra - 07-21-2018, 06:41 AM