Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Legend Of Mana: Assembled Bosses/Monsters Sprites
Quote:"We can't work with them because you have only unique sprites."
In theory it's possible to work with them, but you need a lot of try and error. This is why context from the game is so important (idle, moving, attack 1, attack 2, hurt, etc.).

I must also say, the animations in the "wm" folder are pretty good. Some of them are a bit unclear where they belong to, but the animations itself are arranged good enough. I guess they need little to no effort to get them on sheets, provided that Sheet Maker is used.

For the information in the text files: Is it possible to use the data inside them to arrange the pictures in your folders? If yes, Animget wouldn't be neccessary to put them into context. Maybe you could put them into a .zip file and upload it per attachment in your next post? It would be interesting to take a look.

About the semi-transparency: Most of the bosses consist of several pieces and yes, the developers were able to freely manipulate every single piece. I wouldn't worry about this, because if someone really wants to use these sprites, he would work with the pieces and use the animations as a reference.

I also want to mention something from the folder "mana_all_bosses" and its subfolder "bon_bs00_img_0", picture 9-12. Here you can see single frames which don't really make sense, since they wildly change position and don't look like defense/hurt frames. Looks like they belong to the walk cycle, maybe your tool glitched out?
Ripping Tutorial for PC Engine / TurboGrafx 16 / TurboGrafx CD
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41637.html
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legend Of Mana: Assembled Bosses/Monsters Sprites - by Barack Obama - 03-15-2020, 07:26 PM