Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Legend Of Mana: Assembled Bosses/Monsters Sprites
@SmithyGCN and @BarackObama Thanks for your interest and look through my rip. Let me know if you find any problem with it.

Quote:Looking at the Deathbringer and other bosses, it's difficult to tell when one animation ends and the next begins. [...] It's easy to tell what is what if the boss pulls his idle 3 or 4 times in a row and then attacks, and pretty hard if you have the files with each animation only existing once.

You guys are pretty funny. Really!

When I released my SaGa Frontier 2 rip, I got "Your archive has tons of duplicates. Please use a duplicate file remover to delete them so we can take a look". And now, I got "We can't work with them because you have only unique sprites."

There really no way to please everyone over here.

Back to the problem, when I am hacking the game, I stumped upon a data structure that looks suspiciously like animation sequence and timing data. If that turn out to be true, then what do I do with it? Release it as a text file? Make even more duplicates over a bunch of folders? Make Animated PNGs? How do I release it?

Quote:- The map objects and backgrounds are full of duplicates and their animations are missing. For example, take the jungle folders and look at the plants, they have only one frame of three or four.

Thanks. I just checked the pixel data and my debug log, and you are right.

I apologize for making an incomplete release. I was too focus on debugging the script and I missed it. Sorry.

Guess I'll have to re-rip all the map files then.

But then, I came across this image at LParchive.org and it left me terrified:

[Image: 1qw7cyVl.png]

So apparently, THERE IS SEMI-TRANSPARENT ON SPRITES! The ax is semi-transparent! But my rip have them all opaque:

[Image: Wnmfes1.png]

That's sucks! Really, really sucks! Now I'll have to redo everything!

Never expect there is alpha-blending too!

...Sigh

Let me know if you notice even more problems.

Thanks,
- Rufas
Thanked by: Mortifier777

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legend Of Mana: Assembled Bosses/Monsters Sprites - by rufaswan - 03-15-2020, 05:14 PM