Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Ghostbusters 2016 (And its Controversy)
I think as far as this movie is concerned, I may bother to watch it. I just don't know yet whether or not I will.

But I'm not going to have very high expectations for it just because of the fact the gender bent cast just seems like female portrayals of what the original ghostbusters has already done. It's not that I hate female protagonists (Looking at Samus, Rey, and of course any of Miyasaki's characters, all of which I love) but if you're trying to recapture the original film's essence with very little nod to the original films then, what good is rebooting the franchise if you can get a hold of whatever original cast members that you already have and pass down that torch to a new cast of actors and actresses?

That's what Star Trek did, same with Star Wars. I mean Ghostbusters 3 would have still made enough sense if you at least got some elements of Extreme Ghostbusters in there and perhaps use ideas that were in the scripts that never were meant to be with Akyroyd in the place of Rameus.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Ghostbusters 2016 (And its Controversy) - by Koh - 05-21-2016, 05:17 PM
RE: Ghostbusters 2016 (And its Controversy) - by DioShiba - 05-21-2016, 09:04 PM