Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Pokkén Tournament Model Ripping Project
(06-23-2016, 07:11 PM)Hallowpape Wrote: I found a few issues with some of the imports using the updated script, this might just be an issue with my version of 3ds max 2015, but just in case it isn't here's a list of what I've found.
Yeah, it's a problem with 3DS Max 2015, I just imported their models for myself and everything's fine in 3DS Max 2010. What's happening there is it's rigging parts of the model to the wrong bones because SOMEONE at Autodesk thought that it was smart to ignore the arrangement for bone arrays, and just chuck everything in alphabetically without fixing the numbering.

To fix that (by adding numbers to the beginning of the bone names, thus denying the rearrangement), replace this line of the script:
Code:
BoneName = readstring q
with this:
Code:
BoneName = readstring q
if x < 10 do(BoneName = "00" + x as string + " - " + BoneName)
if x > 9 and x < 100 do(BoneName = "0" + x as string + " - " + BoneName)
if x > 99 do(BoneName = x as string + " - " + BoneName)
Then after it's imported, select all of the bones and go to Tools > Rename Objects, uncheck "Base Name", check "Remove First: [ 0 ] Digits", change the number to 6 and click "Rename".
Thanked by: Hallow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokkén Tournament Model Ripping Project - by Random Talking Bush - 06-23-2016, 08:13 PM