Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Pokkén Tournament Model Ripping Project
(05-14-2016, 02:50 AM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote: mmm arnt bones supported? i get no bones when importing into max 2014.. tried both versions of the script too.
It's supposed to, as long as the *.VBN files are in the same folder as the *.NUD (just like with SSB4U's models).

Anyway, I've updated the script to fix the problems with certain stages (which I've also uploaded to the model collection). Speaking of which, I don't know how they animate, considering they have no real bones or rigging information... Hrm.

(05-14-2016, 05:05 AM)fridge225 Wrote: Would someone here with the game unpacked like to quickly check on any background Pokemon for me?
I am curious too see if they have better textures/meshes then the 3DS games like the playable/support Pokemon.
If they are better, perhaps we could try ripping those too?
I'd say "worse" overall. Most of them have one 128x128 texture, have no alternate expressions, and seem to be pre-posed. And lack the texture details that the playable/supports have.

(EDIT: The polygon counts for a few of the background Pokémon I checked are either the exact same as X/Y's models or pretty close to it, so they're probably based off of those.)
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokkén Tournament Model Ripping Project - by Random Talking Bush - 05-14-2016, 05:14 AM