Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread
Has to do with two awful games, and it doesn't help that their making a third one despite both were critical and commercial failures.

Another problem is that they made Knuckles too stupid. He was never stupid in the games. Just easily gullible, yet still badass.
The fourth wall jokes are painful, and really don't belong in anything Sonic. The one in the season finale was too cringeworthy. 
You can find much better written fourth wall breaking in Deadpool and Looney Tunes.
Shadow was also turned into a stereotypical edge-lord. Making him an even more flat character than his canon game counterpart.
I reckon Sticks could've been a better character as something like any forest warrior type, instead of "lol! I'm crazy and say crazy things!"
The Badniks, besides Motobug, are given more generic names like Bee-Bot and Crab-Bot instead of Buzzbomber and Crabmeat.
Many of the BG characters are pretty bland, even by Sonic's standards. Generic monkeys, cattle, goats, walruses, canines, felines and rodents.
Perci the Bandicoot felt like a wasted character. She was even meant to be part of Team Sonic according to unused audio in the game.
Sonic boom just feels like an opportunity that went down the toilet. They all wen't with the AOSTH route instead of something unique.
Not to mention fans are still rabid about the blue arms and the fact one of the writers also writes for My Little Pony.

But I think reusing background characters is just a sign of laziness. Even worse when they blatantly recolour the same character model.
If you've ever seen or watched The Garfield Show, you'll know what I mean when it comes to lazy model recycling.
This is one of the major problems with CGI shows in general, as it's more limited with characters, backgrounds and props than 2D animation is.

I'd say add more action and less comedy with the second season. Sonic wasn't always about humor.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-16-2016, 12:31 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-16-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-26-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-30-2016, 07:09 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-30-2016, 09:47 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Gors - 07-22-2016, 07:46 AM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Dolphman - 08-09-2016, 10:47 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Virt - 01-08-2017, 12:23 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Gors - 05-22-2017, 09:00 AM