Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread
That kind of stuff is precisely why I don't want to watch it.
I did see the normal CSI episode that set it up, and couldn't take it all too seriously.
The commercials for cyber also just annoy me.

It's probably actually because I come from that 'enlightened' background...

Before I knew anything much about the subject, it probably wouldn't have bothered me.

I see the show a little too much as being a mockery of programming/hacking, and computer forensics, in addition to being a marketing ploy to stay relevant with current events. (which arguably are not entirely because of hackers, but because of crumby or non-existent security to begin with, but that's a topic for another thread.)

Seeing how I was initially raised on all those misconceptions about hacking and programming, I really dislike associating myself with these ideals and beliefs, now that I know more of the real facts behind it all. Same applies for cyber crime.

It's hard to explain really, everything, but there's a point for me which crosses the line between humorous, and cringe-worthy.

Maybe I'll watch it, but IDK. I'm not particularly great at observing easter eggs, animation errors, and such, either, so it'd kinda be a waste of my time to watch it just to pick-up details like that. There'd have to be more to it than that. Can try the satire approach, but I feel it's going to be more annoying than funny, honestly.

I'm glad you can appreciate it, though.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-16-2016, 12:31 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-16-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-26-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-30-2016, 07:09 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-30-2016, 09:47 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by DarkGrievous7145 - 06-21-2016, 10:38 AM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Gors - 07-22-2016, 07:46 AM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Virt - 01-08-2017, 12:23 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Gors - 05-22-2017, 09:00 AM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Ton - 11-06-2018, 10:02 AM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Ton - 01-17-2019, 09:24 AM