Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread
(05-14-2016, 09:01 PM)Dolphman Wrote: So the new Powerpuff Girls has disappointed, or should i say, pissed off pretty much everyone. Like jumping a shark more than once kind of bad.
From what I've seen, it has a lot of animation mistakes that are just as bad as the 1987 TMNT series, complete with wrong voice errors.
And if you ask me, it was doomed already from when it was revealed they replaced the original voice actresses who, were very pissed over it.

There's not a lot of action, and the fighting suffers from being toned down, including white flashes on the screen. Yeah, that's pretty lame.
Now it relies too much on slice-of-life (Like we really need to know what they do besides saving Townsville) and random humor, the bad kind.
Another problem is the fact they have being using memes for cheap humor, ala Family guy. One with Bubbles actually turning into a rage face, the wrong one at that, while saying "NO ME GUSTA!" They even twerked in one scene too. Yeah, underage characters twerking.
People are even irked by the art style because it's not the retro thick outline look that gave the original charm. It now features that bland art style we've been seeing lately as the background characters look like they belong in another cartoon.

One episode stirred plenty of controversy because it used a very poorly done moral about transgender issues involving a pony wanting to be a unicorn. I have a cousin who's both autistic and transgender (formally a girl, now a boy) and I know he would react negatively over this episode.
There's a lot of jokes that really flew passed the censors' heads. They freaking use the unicorn's horn as a metaphor for a penis!

The last straw came when we learned Ms. Bellum was removed for stupid reasons. Some reckon the writers think she's too sexy for the show.
I know they won't bring back HIM for the sole reason he looked and acted like a camp gay character and was a stand-in for Satan.

All of this probably wouldn't have happen if Craig McCracken came back, but he confirmed on Twitter he's still on contract with Disney.
So this is pretty much what his situation at Disney is right now:
[Image: 0nUOK66.png]
And even worse is that there's going to be a crossover with Teen Titans Go. Which is already hated by everyone.

I'll just stick with Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe and We Bare Bears. That's a new low for Cartoon Network.

Couldn't help but pass by this.

Honestly this is pretty much my exact thoughts about the new Powerpuff Girls in a nutshell, and this is only judging from what I've seen in clips.

See what made the original great was that it wasn't trying to be completely self-aware or preachy about feminism. It was there but it never tried to demonize anything that involved LGBT issues or masculinity. *coughlumberjackvillaincough*
Even looking at the new design for Ms. Keane doesn't even have boobs. Like what are the animation designers literally afraid to add a pair of boobs just because it's sexism all of the sudden to draw them on to a cartoon character? Like that's just about as bad as removing Ms. Bellum all together just because she's apparently 2sexy4kids today.

Pretty sure even the original voice of Bubbles said something on twitter about how terrible the new remake is and that's saying a lot.

Honestly, I'm starting to think that Cartoon Network needs to start scouting for other animators outside of CalArts because I swear most of these people who are trying to remake all these classic shows have no idea what they're doing. I mean it's cool and all that they want to try to remake classic shows but they should at least try to maintain the effort that the original show had if they're going to do it.
Next thing I know is that the animators and the writers are going to make cracks in the show about the criticism everyone is giving them just like Teen Titans Go!'s animators are doing.

I mean fuck even all the reboots that Scooby Doo has been given weren't as horrible as what PPG2016 is trying to do and that's just sad.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: Once I get a degree in animation, I swear that I'm not going to work for Disney. Ever.
Part of the reason why I'm going to say this and keep reminding myself this is because I'm already well aware that they enjoy screwing people over. Pretty sure that was the situation with Alex Hirsch the moment he told Disney that he just wanted to end Gravity Falls on season 2 and frankly, after how the show was treated by Disney it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up delaying Hirch's contract with Disney just for that reason and not even giving him a cent.

It's sad too, Disney can come up with great things and find the talent to do it but if you don't even have a name for yourself good luck trying to see any money out of them because they're notorious for treating people who work for them like garbage, and we all know how possible it is to fight Disney in the courts (Which, is impossible).

Kind of had to speak my mind about that since you brought up how Craig is still in contract with them.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: BullockDS, Dolphman

Messages In This Thread
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by DioShiba - 05-15-2016, 08:52 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-16-2016, 12:31 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-16-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-26-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-30-2016, 07:09 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-30-2016, 09:47 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Gors - 07-22-2016, 07:46 AM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Virt - 01-08-2017, 12:23 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Gors - 05-22-2017, 09:00 AM