Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread
So the new Powerpuff Girls has disappointed, or should i say, pissed off pretty much everyone. Like jumping a shark more than once kind of bad.
From what I've seen, it has a lot of animation mistakes that are just as bad as the 1987 TMNT series, complete with wrong voice errors.
And if you ask me, it was doomed already from when it was revealed they replaced the original voice actresses who, were very pissed over it.

There's not a lot of action, and the fighting suffers from being toned down, including white flashes on the screen. Yeah, that's pretty lame.
Now it relies too much on slice-of-life (Like we really need to know what they do besides saving Townsville) and random humor, the bad kind.
Another problem is the fact they have being using memes for cheap humor, ala Family guy. One with Bubbles actually turning into a rage face, the wrong one at that, while saying "NO ME GUSTA!" They even twerked in one scene too. Yeah, underage characters twerking.
People are even irked by the art style because it's not the retro thick outline look that gave the original charm. It now features that bland art style we've been seeing lately as the background characters look like they belong in another cartoon.

One episode stirred plenty of controversy because it used a very poorly done moral about transgender issues involving a pony wanting to be a unicorn. I have a cousin who's both autistic and transgender (formally a girl, now a boy) and I know he would react negatively over this episode.
There's a lot of jokes that really flew passed the censors' heads. They freaking use the unicorn's horn as a metaphor for a penis!

The last straw came when we learned Ms. Bellum was removed for stupid reasons. Some reckon the writers think she's too sexy for the show.
I know they won't bring back HIM for the sole reason he looked and acted like a camp gay character and was a stand-in for Satan.
Now before anyone mentions the gay kiss scene from Clarence. That was just an innocent joke that took balls to even appear on a kid's show.
Same with the Legend of Korra finale. Let me just say the creators saying she's a lesbian with Asami feels way too forced and too much like it's pandering to yuri fanfic writers and artists. And I know Nickelodeon won't allow it to be real as it's still taboo to feature homosexuality on shows intended for kids because they would be too young to understand what homosexuality is, including the target audience for Korra.

All of this probably wouldn't have happen if Craig McCracken came back, but he confirmed on Twitter he's still on contract with Disney.
So this is pretty much what his situation at Disney is right now:
[Image: 0nUOK66.png]
And even worse is that there's going to be a crossover with Teen Titans Go. Which is already hated by everyone.

I'll just stick with Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe and We Bare Bears. That's a new low for Cartoon Network.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by: BullockDS

Messages In This Thread
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Dolphman - 05-14-2016, 09:01 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-16-2016, 12:31 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-16-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-26-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-30-2016, 07:09 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Koh - 05-30-2016, 09:47 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Gors - 07-22-2016, 07:46 AM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Virt - 01-08-2017, 12:23 PM
RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - by Gors - 05-22-2017, 09:00 AM