Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Whole Dragon's Crown Sorceress Thing
Everyone should keep in mind: the UN has tried multiple times to get Japanese producers to seize production of ecchi/hentai products, but obviously failed, because these producers in general know the difference between real and fake. And anything fictional that is animated/written/drawn is fake, and therefore should not be taken to heart unless otherwise given some sort of life-changing intention (i.e. fictional character Ellen Baker being used in ESL textbooks for Japanese students, villains in cartoons teaching children how not to behave, etc.).

Fanservice is not for everyone, and nobody's forcing you to like it. You don't have to like it. BUT, just because you don't like it doesn't mean that there's some weird behind the scenes plot to exploit a group of people.

I've spent quite a few years in art communities where people enjoy NSFW art, either creating or viewing. Like I said about those Japanese producers, most of these artists are some of the nicest people on the internet and have bridged the gap between real life and fiction. Just because they sexualize these fictional characters in their work, doesn't necessarily mean they're sexual predators who want to rape people in real life. It's ignorant thoughts like these that have been causing art blogs on Tumblr to be deleted despite being marked for adult viewers only.

Goemar, I realize you're not overreacting to this common trope of media, and I'm not calling you ignorant, but I'm trying to reason with your concerns and arguments.
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by: Kriven

Messages In This Thread
The Whole Dragon's Crown Sorceress Thing - by Koh - 04-10-2016, 05:45 AM
RE: The Whole Dragon's Crown Sorceress Thing - by miyabi95_ - 04-11-2016, 03:31 PM